|Chechnya news: Yahoo! rferl bbc cnn
Chechen government: news
Chechnya discussion group
- Semi-Official Chechen website
- Solidarity events, Georgia action request, News
- NOHCHY info center
- A site in Polish
- Chechen music
- An open letter from Chechen refugees in Europe
Enemies of Freedom (from Reporters without borders)
putin shuts up NTV
Committee to protect journalists to putin
- THE 5th BOMB: Did Putin's secret police bomb Moscow in a deadly black operation?
- Report: Russia, Chechen Rebels Talk
- Confidential persecution of Chechens
- Are Tatars oppressed by russia?
- Russian Army might be cut by 600,000 over 5 years
- Chechnya coverage restricted in Europe?
- We remember Antonio Russo:
Was reporter killed by Putin's secret service?
If you get the evidence he got...
his radio his party
Nohchy info center videos
- Chechen women should be killed because they give birth to militants, Malika Gazimiyeva, Russia-appointed administration head for the city of Gudermes
- The real bombshell Litvinenko may drop concerns last year's apartment bombings in Moscow BBC Monitoring
- Le Monde's interview with President of the Chechen Republic, Mr. Maskhadov
- Appeal by 447 prominent European personalities & 79 parliamentarians (English)
- Jamestown Foundation says russia might withdraw by 2001
- Chechen Detainees Face "Hell" From Russian Captors
- Russian soldiers demand money, fired upon, fire back
- Mother of Murdered Italian Journalist Raises Chechnya Link
- Freedom is Never Free
- The Observer on Chernokozovo
- Terrorizing peaceful Chechens
- Who did kidnappings in Chechnya? 2
- Putin is not a legitimate president
- HRW on murder of Chechen speaker, Ruslan Alikhadjiyev
- Russia Radio Liberty Reporter Dies [or killed?] 2
- War has no rules for Russians in Chechnya
- Chemical & local-area nuclear weapons used by Russia
- Letter of Secretary General of the Lithuania-based International Group of Parliamentarians on the Problem of Chechenia to the Chairperson-in-Office of the OSCE Mrs Ferrero-Waldner and the President of PACE Lord Russell-Johnston protesting against their not fulfilling their duties.
- Speaker of the Chechen Parliament Ruslan Alikhadjiev tortured to death by Russian Secret Service in Lefortofo prison of Moscow.
- KGB bandits 'mop up' human rights office in Moscow 2
- Mother whose son Russian gvt refused to save, tranquilized as an animal with psychotropic injection 2 3
- Doctors' testimonies on torture and rape of innocent Chechen civilians
- CW2: Information Component
- Secret War of Russia against Kazakhstan
- Islam is a crime in Russia?
- Terrorists(?) captured
- News digests interrupted Putin
- Reformist Party accuses KGB of Soviet-style persecution
- From Chechnya to Kazakhstan?
- Silent Chechnyas
- The last 2 crimes Russia has not yet committed
- Babitsky on Chernokozovo
- Putin is personally responsible for Babitsky, Feb. 9
- Where's Babitsky?
- Conspiracy scenarios in CW2
- Chechen view of 2 Wars
- Russian losses
- Post-Grozny Analysis
- Advice to mothers of Russian to-be conscripts
- War & Elections in Russia
- PACE's urge for talks, jan 27
- News digests archive
|All-Russia Public Opinion Research Center (August 06, 2001)|
|Are peace talks needed to settle the situation in Chechnya?||Yes-53%|
|How has situation in Chechnya changed in the past 2 years?||Improved-36%, No improvement-40%, Worsened-14%|
|Who controls most of Chechnya?
pro-Moscow Chechen administration-9%
|Echo of Moscow (August 03, 2001)|
|Would you like to stop the "anti-terrorist campaign" in Chechnya?||Yes-69%|
|Are you prepared to see Chechnya given its independence?||Yes-77%|
|Support for the war (published by bbc)|
|March: 64.7% (av. -1.33% per month [editor])|
|June: 51.7% (av. -4.33% per month [editor])|
|Source: Romir independent research centre|
|All-Russia Public Opinion Research Center (June 30-July 04, 1,600 respondents) (published by gazeta.ru)|
|Is Russian army successful in Chechnya?||Yes-39%|
|Is there a real guerilla war in Chechnya in recent months?||Yes-55%|
|What to do if the army keeps suffering big losses:||43%-start negotaitions|
42%-continue the operation
Help Chechen refugees:
global relief foundation
|As of April 29, 2000
(military only, Interior troops excluded)
|Russian Mothers' Committee||4,500|
|Chechnya Losses||Teritory totally destroyed, nation nearly exterminated but still firm
Suggest other emails: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are not convinced...
"Not only are the [Russian troops] unprofessional, but they're also corrupt. I believe, in the end, widthdrawal is inevitable."
(Pavel Felgenhauer, independent military analyst, Moscow, July 2000)