The concept of the Rainbow Nation
appreciate what this website is all about, you need to understand the concept
of the "Rainbow Nation". This concept
was invented by that well known Alchemist, Desmond Tutu (father of Trevor
Tutu, and also chairperson of the Truth and Reconciliation Commission).
Jesse Jackson's contribution to coining the phrase "rainbow nation" is
conveniently forgotten. Tutu must have hated science as subject at school,
since every high school science pupil knows that when you combine lightbeams
of the seven colours of the rainbow, you get white light. (When all seven
colours are absent, you get black). Now the combined Rainbow Nation - as
an amalgam of all the colours of its constituents - can not by any means
of the imagination be described as a white nation, which means that the
concept "Rainbow Nation" is a virtual reality. Like all other virtual reality
concepts such as the Sandman, Father Christmas, "the pot of gold at the
end of the rainbow", "truth" and "reconciliation", it exists in the imagination
only. It follows logically that the tales being told on this webpage, being
of a virtual reality nation, must all be seen in this light.....
Tutu was awarded the Nobel Prize for Peace. (No, it was not, as you might have suspected, for physics for him having invented the concept of the Rainbow Nation). And we all know that "peace" is also a virtual reality in the Rainbow Nation, making it a very appropriate award.
But perhaps Tutu's greatest compliment comes from Dr Christian Barnard, the heart surgeon, who is quoted as follows in the Belgian magazine "Humo": "The whole Truth and Reconciliation Commission was a farce. When they made their findings known, it became clear how prejudiced and partisan Desmond Tutu, the chairman, really was. The greatest criminals were not punished, but pardoned. Look at Winnie Mandela. She is one of the greatest criminals in the history of South Africa, but she still walks around free. Desmond Tutu is one of the greatest racists that I know of. It it depended on him, South Africa would exclusively be governed by black people."
And now for some true tales from the Rainbow Nation, with acknowledgement and thanks to the newspapers in South Africa who continue to treat us on these tales:
- He has four wives and he faced 783 counts of corruption
- Leaderless under the reign of the tsotsis (A virtual "State of the Nation 2008")
- The New South Africa
- More from the New South Africa
- Even more from the New South Africa
- Defending the Rainbow Nation
- Winnie unwigged: See Winnie Madikizela-Mandela "au naturel"
- Road signs of the Rainbow Nation
- A matter of health
- Money Matters
- Stranger than fiction
- Choose your favourite politician: improve his appearance
- Sport(s) the South African way
- Parliamentary notes
- One for the road
- Spiritual things
- His Master's Voice
- The New South Africa in pictures
- Zimbabwe ruins
- Madam & Eve in the rainbow nation
- A clown drenched in brutality: Idi Amin
Acknowledgement: Zapiro (Mail & Guardian)
Recommended rainbow links:
- Proudly South African: Patriotism vs Politics (Barry Ronge)
- Crime in South Africa: the full picture
- Beginners guide to 'perfectly legitimate [sleazy] behaviour'
- You know you are in South Africa when...
- Tourism in the new South Africa
- The Daily Disgrace
- The tourist survival guide
- South Africa: The Truth...
- The South African Crime pages
- African culture: the local version
- The New South Africa
- Witches, sangomas and muti
- The new national symbols
- Life in South Africa
- OPINIONz on South Africa