Reverand David L. Yarrington
Principal: Christopher Sadlo
Welcome to the ORL Church homepage. We are a proud congregation who wishes to share our faith and ourselves with those who need us most. We pray that sharing the Word of God and the Sacraments of the Lord Jesus will give you spiritual blessing.
Our church begins as part of a much larger church body, the name of our national church body is The Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod. Our national church's history began in 1846 when German immigrants seeking religious freedom to practice their faith settled in St. Louis, Missouri. On April 26, 1847 there was a meeting of ministers from 16 congregations whose purpose was to share their commitment to teaching the Bible without change according to the principles that Luther taught at the time of the Reformation. Out of this meeting came a new church "The German Evangelical Lutheran Synod of Missouri, Ohio, and Other States". As time progressed many new members joined the church and by 1947 the Synod numbered 1.5 million people and called for a shortened title, "The Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod."
From the beginning the Synod was committed to to major concerns Christian Education and Missions. Today the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod operates the second largest Parochial School System in America and has missionaries and churches in over 29 countries in the world.