Click here to see what you've been missing!
Visit barnesandnoble.com for
millions of titles discounted up to 40-90% off.
Great low prices on your favorite books
in Bargain Books.
for the latest releases in Books in the News,
Become an affiliate: Affiliate Network Information Page
Books in Film, and books in the following areas:
Look at the Special Feature area for special holiday or otherwise timely book titles.
Find great gift ideas in the Gift Center.
Become an affiliate: Affiliate Network Information Page
This Affiliate Program Web Ring site owned by Jeff Chen.
| Previous 5 Sites | Previous | Next | Next 5 Sites |
| Random Site | List Sites |
Another International Cybermalls WebRing site
Click above for info on, or to join, this ring
Click below to visit more International Cybermalls!
Visit: [ Previous 5 Sites | Previous | Next | Next 5 Sites |
| Random Site | Quick list of all member sites
This Free Click Thru Credit WebRing Site is owned by
Want to join the Free Credit Webring?
[Previous 5 Sites] [Next 5 Sites]
[Random Site] [List Sites]
Sign My Guestbook
View most recent entries in My Guestbook
Catholic Apolegetics Links
See if you could answer these questions in a point-for-
point fashion without dodging the force of each assertion or
responding with vicious anti-catholic phrases. May God be with
all of you.
1. Where is the term Bible in the Bible?
2. Where is the term faith alone in the Bible? (Only in James 2:24, where it is rejected)
3. Where is the term total depravity in the Bible?
4. Where is the term sola scriptura in the Bible?
5. Where is the term King James Version in the Bible?
6. Where is the term eternal security in the Bible?
7. Where is the term total immersion in the Bible?
8. Where is the term premillenialism in the Bible?
9. Where is the term Rapture in the Bible?
10. Where is the term altar call in the Bible?
11. Show me in the Bible, where it says it has to be in the Bible?
12. Show me in the Bible, where it says all that we will ever know is in the Bible?
13. Show me in the Bible, where it says everything Jesus Christ had to say is in the Bible?
14. Show me in the Bible, where it says not to hold on to tradition?
15. Show me in the Bible, where it says these are the books to be included in the Old Testament?
16. Show me in the Bible, where it says these are the books to be included in the New Testament?
17. Show me in the Bible, where it says we can interpret Holy Scripture on an individual basis?
18. Show me in the Bible, where it says the meaning of doctrine cannot unfold over time?
19. Show me in the Bible, where it says Mary and Joseph had relations after Jesus Christ was born?
20. Show me in the Bible, where it says Mary had other children?
21. Show me in the Bible, where it says Mary is not the Mother of GOD?
22. Show me in the Bible, where it says the Church which Jesus Christ founded is not the Catholic Church?
23. Show me in the Bible, where it says Jesus Christ said this is not his body?
24. Show me in the Bible, where it says the book of John chapter 6 is symbolic?
25. Show me in the Bible, where it says Peter was not given primacy among the Apostles?
26. Show me in the Bible, where it says Peter is not the 'Rock'?
27. Show me in the Bible, where it says Peter was not given the power of binding and loosening?
28. Show me in the Bible, where it says Jesus Christ taught from another boat other than Peter's?
29. Show me in the Bible, where it Says all of the Apostles were given the Keys to Heaven?
30. Show me in the Bible, where it says Peter was never in Rome?
31. Show me in the Bible, where it says Peter was not the first Bishop of Rome?
32. Show me in the Bible, where it says there is no such thing as Apostolic succession?
33. Show me in the Bible, where it says Bishops, Priests, and Deacons are not in the Church which Christ founded?
34. Show me in the Bible, where it says the seven sacraments are not in the Bible?
35. Show me in the Bible, where it says Purgatory does not exist?
36. Show me in the Bible, where it says Hell does not exist?
37. Show me in the Bible, where it says the Catholic Church apostatized at the time of Constantine?
38. Defines the word and meaning of 'Trinity'?
39. Defines the word and meaning of 'Incarnation'?
40. Defines the word and meaning of 'Pope'?
41. Where did Jesus give instructions that the Christian faith should be based exclusively on a book?
42. Where did Jesus tell His apostles to write anything down?
43. Where in the New Testament do the apostles tell future generations that the Christian faith will be based on a book?
44. Protestants claim that Jesus categorically condemned all oral tradition (Matt 15:3, 6; Mark 7:8?13). If so, why does He bind His listeners to oral tradition by telling them that to obey the scribes and Pharisees when they "sit on Moses' seat" (Matt 23:2)?
45. Protestants claim that St. Paul categorically condemned all oral tradition (Col 2:8). If so, why does he tell the Thessalonians to "stand firm and hold to the traditions which you were taught, whether by word of mouth or by letter" (2 Thes 2:15) and praises the Corinthians because they "hold firmly to the traditions" (1 Cor 11:2)?
46. If the authors of the New Testament believed in sola Scriptura, why did they sometimes draw on oral Tradition as authoritative and as God's Word (Matt 2:23; 23:2; 1 Cor 10:4; 1 Pet 3:19; Jude 9, 14 15)?
47. Where in the Bible is God's Word restricted only to what is written down?
48. How do we know who wrote the books that we call Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Acts, Hebrews, and 1, 2, and 3 John?
49. On what authority, or on what principle, would we accept as Scripture books that we know were not written by one of the twelve apostles?
50. Where in the Bible do we find an inspired and infallible list of books that should belong in the Bible?
51. How do we know, from the Bible alone, that the individual books of the New Testament are inspired, even when they make no claim to be inspired?
52. How do we know, from the Bible alone, that the letters of St. Paul, who wrote to first?century congregations and individuals, are meant to be read by us 2000 years later as Scripture?
53. Where does the Bible claim to be the sole authority for Christians in matters of faith and morals?
54. Most of the books of the New Testament were written to address very specific problems in the early Church, and none of them are a systematic presentation of Christian faith and theology. On what biblical basis do Protestants think that everything that the apostles taught is captured in the New Testament writings?
55. If the books of the New Testament are "self?authenticating" through the ministry of the Holy Spirit to each individual then why was there confusion in the early Church over which books were inspired, with some books being rejected by the majority?
56. If the meaning of the Bible is so clear, so easily interpreted, and if the Holy Spirit leads every Christian to interpret it rightly, then why are there over 23,000 Protestant denominations, and millions of individual Protestants, all interpreting the Bible differently?
57. Who may authoritatively arbitrate between Christians who claim to be led by the Holy Spirit into mutually contradictory interpretations of the Bible?
58. Since each Protestant must admit that his or her interpretation is fallible, how can any Protestant in good conscience call anything heresy or bind another Christian to a particular belief?
59. Protestants usually claim that they all agree "on the important things." Who is able to decide authoritatively what is important in the Christian faith and what is not?
60. How did the early Church evangelize and overthrow the Roman Empire, survive and prosper almost 350 years, without knowing for sure which books belong in the canon of Scripture?
61. Who in the Church had the authority to determine which books belonged in the New Testament canon and to make this decision binding on all Christians? If nobody has this authority, then can I remove or add books to the canon on my own authority?
62. Why do Protestant scholars recognize the early Church councils at Hippo and Carthage as the first instances in which the New Testament canon was officially ratified, but ignore the fact that those same councils ratified the Old Testament canon used by the Catholic Church today but abandoned by Protestants at the Reformation?
63. Why do Protestants follow post?apostolic Jewish decisions on the boundaries of the Old Testament canon, rather than the decision of the Church founded by Jesus Christ?
64. How were the bishops at Hippo and Carthage able to determine the correct canon of Scripture, in spite of the fact that they believed all the distinctively Catholic doctrines such as the apostolic succession of bishops, the sacrifice of the Mass, Christ's Real Presence in the Eucharist, baptismal regeneration, etc?
65. If Christianity is a "book religion," how did it flourish during the first 1500 years of Church history when the vast majority of people were illiterate?
66. How could the Apostle Thomas establish the church in India that survives to this day (and is now in communion with the Catholic Church) without leaving them with one word of New Testament Scripture?
67. If sola Scriptura is so solid and biblically based, why has there never been a full treatise written in its defense since the phrase was coined in the Reformation?
68. If Jesus intended for Christianity to be exclusively a "religion of the book," why did He wait 1400 years before showing somebody how to build a printing press?
69. If the early Church believed in sola Scriptura, why do the creeds of the early Church always say "we believe in the Holy Catholic Church," and not "we believe in Holy Scripture"?
"I believe in One, Holy, Catholic, and Apostlic church"-Nicene Creed
Click to subscribe to TheologyDebateArena