Welcome to my little corner of the web!
This is my first home page. I've had fun writing it, and I'm looking forward to making it better as time goes on. I hope you enjoy your visit here. I appreciate your comments very much!
I'm Steve, and I live on Long Island's South Shore about 60 miles east of
NY City.I have a big bushy beard and long hair that I usually keep tied back in a ponytail. I may not make it to the corporate boardroom looking like this, but that's okay. My hair and beard are an expression of something deep inside me, and I wear them proudly!
Other basic information includes the following:
- I was born on February 11, 1959 in Denver, CO and grew up in Hyde Park, NY
- I earned a B.S. in math from SUNY at Stony Brook in 1987
- I believe that among the hardest and most rewarding jobs in life is finding out the truth about yourself, and then living according to that truth.
The rest of this page is devoted to aspects of my life that I hope you'll enjoy reading about.
- The library is one of my favorite places to hang out. Good books that I've recently read include:
- Downsize This! by Michael Moore - brutal essays concerning life in modern America
- Finding Joy by Charlotte Davis Kasl, Ph.D. - you don't have to spend a lot to be joyful
- Java for Dummies by Aaron E. Walsh - you don't need to be a dummy to find this book useful
- I don't own a motorcycle, but I would if I could. Until that day arrives, I enjoy going to local swap meets and ABATE parties.
- Physical Activities
- When I was growing up I wasn't very good at sports. Because of this, I developed the mistaken belief that I my body was somehow defective. It's been a real pleasure discovering that my body is fine. Among the activities I enjoy most are:
- Roller blading
Being connected to people through my computer has been one of the best things that's ever happened to me. Since I came online in 1990, I have met many people that I don't think I would have met otherwise. Some have become good friends. The following are some loose groupings of the kinds of people I enjoy being with. I discovered these groups of people as a result of being online. This list is by no means all inclusive.
- If you look at some issues of Bear magazine, or Chris Nelson's book The Bear Cult you'll get an idea of what I mean when I talk about bears.
Here on Long Island, we are very fortunate that a new bear club, the Long Island Bears, is forming. I will have a page devoted to them and their activities in the near future. For more information, on bears in general, check out the Resources for Bears page.
- I like men with long hair. Mainstream media always seem to show men with both long hair and beards as criminals or worse. My friend the Dognut has a page with links to
longhaired men on the internet which you might find interesting.
- Spiritual folk
- Spirituality is very important to me. It helps me understand my links to other people, the world around me, and myself. It's a very complicated subject that I will develop on this page in the future, including links to some neat stuff.
There's more to come!
That's all for now. In the near future I'll be adding more sections and links that I hope you'll find interesting.
Last updated March 4, 1997
Please send comments to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This page hosted by
Get your own Free Home Page